Saturday, October 3, 2009

Paralyzed by Fear


This picture of me cracks me up. The look on my face is priceless. You might as well say I look like "a deer in headlights" and trust me that would be true. If you take a peek of what is sitting on my lap you might understand why. I will not deny the fact that I hate snakes. I know that some people have them as pets and that is fine if you are into that sort of thing. I prefer animals that have fur!! Daniel and CJ were playing with this creature and thought it would be hilarious to place this snake on my lap. To my surprise I did not scream, I did not yell, cry or throw this snake, I surely did not laugh. I was actually stunned, paralyzed by fear.

How many times have you done something or should have done something only to be paralyzed by fear? We all probably have our own memories as kids; missing our lines in the 4th grade play, or the time you froze up when someone asked you out on a date. My question is: What paralyzes you now? We are all created to live our life on this earth for God's purpose.

There are things that he may call us to do that are totally out of our comfort zone. If it is He that has called us to the task, then He will give us what we need to complete it. How many times have you had to fight those taunting thoughts that say you can't, who are you to do this, you're not equipped for this or you're not good enough. These thoughts or beliefs are aimed at one goal and that is to paralyze you with fear and to prevent you from moving forward in what you are called to do. Those damaging thoughts or lies act as a venom aimed to paralyze you and in the end kill your purpose. We are created for much more than to be paralyzed. We were created to run in the freedom, confidence and the strength of our God.


Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment